Service Centre Manager
- Develop full workshop setup as per ISO and MTU standards which is equipped with all the necessary general tools, special tools, measuring devices, swivel stands covering the main engines available according to the population list in KSA, cleaning area with pressure testing tank, sand blast machine, overhead cranes from 0.5 tons up to 20 tons.
- Preparing Business Plan by updating the engines population list by visiting most of the premium customers and new potential clients to provide our new engines/gear boxes and new automation systems.
- Providing an accurate yearly budget and ensuring proper execution on monthly basis.
- Hiring proper staff from admin, document controller, sales, spare parts, service engineers (electronic & mechanical), technicians and helpers from all over the world. Highly recommend diversity at work to get healthy environment.
- Ensuring OJT (on-job training) is implemented and moving smoothly between experienced service staff and newly fresh candidates with integrity, passion and love.
- Conducting weekly meetings with technical staff to discuss technical issues that arises with their customers whether solved or not as to share always the knowledge between the team.
- Conducting weekly meetings with the sales team to ensure the targets that has been set for them are not deviating and to update with the on-going and upcoming tenders, bids and direct sales orders of new MTU & ZF products.
- Conduct big meetings with premium clients such as RNSF (Royal Naval Saudi Force), Border Guard, Saudi Aramco and offshore operational services to provide high level of technical clarifications for signing long term agreements in supplying spare parts and services.
- Supporting and guiding the service team with all the technical documentations while performing commissioning, troubleshooting, flushing systems, repairing, modification and all qualification levels up to major overhauls.
- Ensuring high quality while service team communicating with customers directly and when preparing the technical service reports.
- Developing a separate section for the sub-assemblies (components) to overhaul all the cylinder heads, normal injectors, turbo-chargers, sea and fresh water pumps.
- Created all the templates of the quotations, purchase orders, invoices, delivery notes, service time-sheets, technical service reports including the terms and conditions for the mode of payments and other exclusions.
- Setting the service quotation form by adding the right labor hours required for each service job depending of the nature of that task. Fixing the labor charges per hour for normal and warranty jobs.
- Setting the right markups and profits for selling new engines/ gear boxes and spare parts considering all the additional external charges such as logistics part (shipments, containers, custom duty, mode of shipment). I check everything with the sales and spare parts team to ensure safe quotations are produced with correct profit margins and contingency
Qualification & Experience
- Engineering Degree / Equivalent.
- Must have 10 years working experience in a shipyard / Marine environment.
- Full P&L responsibility.
- Good communication skill oral and written.
- Managed large teams of over 100 staff.
- Presentable personality.