Senior Technical Safety Engineer
BOSS Energy Consulting Ltd has been tasked by an EPC business to seek Senior Technical Safety Engineer for their facilities based in Singapore. We are seeking a dynamic, innovate and cultured individual that has the experience managing senior level relationships, realizing innovate concept studies for the onshore oil and gas sector and adding value to their organization in quality project delivery.
- Shall be responsible for the provision of cost effective Safety Engineering Design solutions and for all relevant technical matters related to Safety Engineering throughout the project lifecycle, in line with Statutory/Company and Client requirements, for greenfield and brownfield projects in the Upstream Oil and Gas Sector.
- Report to the Head of System Engineering at basis level and to the Lead/Senior Technical Safety Engineer at project level.
- Implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policies as required by project.
- Adhere to Company contractual requirements, Scope Boundaries and support the Lead Engineer with the Management of change on assigned areas.
- Be responsible for the management of resources and progress of the Safety Engineering scopes and for internal and external deliverables in line with the project budget and schedule.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all Safety Engineering design activities and deliverables under his/ her supervision through the project lifecycle and for the compliance with relevant project performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Technical Safety related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead Technical Safety Engineer, during the development of design on projects.
- Manage Technical Safety interfaces with equipment and package suppliers to comply with technical requirements, specifications and Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Act as the package responsible engineer for safety, life-saving and firefighting equipment.
- Ensure that that all risks related to his/her area or responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required.
- Be responsible for the progress of assigned Technical Safety scopes, the internal and external deliverables in line with project budget and schedule.
- Support the Lead Engineer on verification activities as required by the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent the Technical Safety discipline during meetings, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews and be responsible for an effective and timely resolution of identified issues.
- Provide technical support related to Technical Safety at the fabrication site, whenever required.
- Continuously seek to improve working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to the Technical Safety Discipline development and experience transfer.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Fixed and Floating installations)
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the capacity of a Senior Safety Engineer.
- Must have prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas sector and possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables, internal and external interfaces.
- Must have demonstrable experience with implementing Safety Design Philosophies and Specifications related to Escape and Emergency Response, Active and Passive Fire Protection, Fire and Gas detection, Design Accidental Loads, Emergency Shutdown and Human Factor Engineering.
- Must have had demonstrable experience with developing Safety Engineering Deliverables related to Escape Route Layouts, Firewater Calculations and P & IDs, Fire and Gas Drawings, Hazardous Area, Noise Specification and Flare Radiation.
- Must have had demonstrable exposure to supporting the development and implementation of recommendations from third party safety studies and workshops, including HAZID/ENVID, SIL Classifications, Smoke, Gas, Fire and Explosion Risk Analyses, Evacuation Analyses, QRA, ALARP assessments, Fire and Gas Mappings and Noise Studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Chemical/ Safety Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialization.