Senior Process Safety Engineer
7000 USD + Benefits
BOSS Energy has been retained by a large fabrication facility to seek a Senior Process Safety Engineer for their facilities based in China. We are seeking a dynamic, innovate and cultured individual that has the experience managing senior level relationships, realising innovate concept studies for FPSO FEED and EPC projects and adding value to their organisation in quality project delivery.
The have global experience in:
- Modular based and offshore engineering and construction
- Floating production and storage units
- Risk assessment facilitation
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP) facilitation
- Safety Case / Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) development and maintenance
- Project safety reviews such as electrical area classification, fire hazard zone drawings, safety relief and flare calculations, facility siting studies
- Potential for international travel
- Potential to develop and grow as an Process Safety Engineer through job experiences and company-sponsored training.
- Review & verify design, within Design, within discipline, by participation in HAZIDs, HAZOPs and SIL assessments and ensure closure of associated actions.
- Technical review of IVB / CLASS input and resolution of verification issues. Liaise with internal and external specialists and networks to gain and share knowledge facilitating the import and export of good practices and experience.
- An honors Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ plant technical support / operations / process design / process safety experience in petrochemicals / offshore or a similar industry
- Familiar with hazard identification, risk analyses and assessment methodologies
- Good knowledge of industry standards and practices relevant to process design and safety
- Demonstrated passion in engineering and shows strong attributes; e.g. attention to detail, initiative, highly organized, good math / analytical skills and practical use of engineering principles
- A highly motivated team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should have knowledge in following disciplines:
- General Design Engineering Skills, Legalization/Procedures/Standards. Hazard Identification. Risk Analysis and Management. Reliability and Availability Analysis. Explosion Analysis and Mitigation. Fire Detection and Protection. Gas Detection and Protection. Escape, Evacuation and Rescue. Performance Standards and Verification. Design Philosophies and Interfaces. Supplementary Technical Skills.