Senior Marketing and Communication Manager
The Marketing and Communications function serves as a Center of Excellence and directs and supports the business in all strategic and tactical marketing and communications operations, with the objective of maximizing effect of all activities. It recognizes and balances differing perspectives among regions, product lines and solutions, and develops modern practices and marketing excellence.
The function leads and energizes cross-functional collaboration. It executes integrated, multi-channel campaigns and adopt emerging digital trends and marketing techniques. It leverages industry best-practices and external expertise.
The function has clearly defined leadership including clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all. It has defined decision-authority and demonstrates professional budgetary control.
The Senior Marketing and Communications Manager role is the responsible reference point for all marketing activities in the country. This includes marketing communications plans, campaigns, messages and promotional activities across multiple channels, marketing collateral, client facing communications, and branding activities. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing organization the function is in particular responsible for supporting Sales with Marketing and Communications initiatives in the country and works closely with the central Marketing and Communications team to coordinate activities that lead to the completion of projects and tasks.
The Senior Marketing and Communications Manager is also responsible for developing and supporting with specific internal and external company communications tasks.
The role is the regional extension of Central Marketing and Communications and collaborate closely to stay in alignment with strategy and guidelines. This person will serve as a senior business partner to the local sales leadership which requires a strategic thinker who can create and integrate projects with consistent messages and a high degree of quality.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing the annual marketing plan for China; Ensure alignment with company overall Sales and Marketing Strategy.
- Follow up the day-to-day execution of marketing plans; Organize and coordinate all activities including alignment with plan and budget.
- Provide high level marketing communications recommendations; help develop solutions to a marketing problem, analyzes those solutions and recommend a path to success; focus on desired outcomes and business needs to help prioritize initiatives.
- Defines and implements metrics to measure success and build reporting and analysis capabilities; researches competitors and keeps abreast of market trends.
- Responsible for local SoMe, PR and Advertising according to defined and approved plan.
- Prepares local leadership communications and PR activities in coordination with central communications teams.
- Establish Annual Wheel for Marketing and Communications
- Establish local and regional communication plan for MD
- Posting of new orders captured in local market
- Write business articles for posting on SoMe internal and external
- Support the MD in communication material for key venues and visits
- Support the local leadership team and sales with client facing presentation and
- materials/editing as needed. Take the lead on organizing the resources necessary to put together high-quality presentations
- Stay aligned with Central Marketing and Communications functions to ensure opportunities are optimized.
- Promote and make available all materials developed centrally. Project manage translations when necessary.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of marketing material in alignment with central marketing
- Work with the central graphic design team to help deliver content that meets requirements
- Support the visibility towards customers by promoting and encouraging use of brochures, videos, animations and presentations.
- Work with central marketing team to coordinate day-to-day activities that lead to the completion of projects and tasks
- Support and/or organize local trade shows, conferences and client events. Liaise with central functions to ensure consistent branding and messaging.
- Develop competencies expected for CRM super users
- Maximize our brand awareness and ensure its consistency; always in compliance with the clients Branding guidelines
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners/internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar
- 10 years’ Marketing and Communications experience (Maritime or O&G related a plus)
- Working knowledge of marketing communications and branding strategies.
- Good business understanding and an international outlook
- Must be attentive to detail and have excellent follow-through ability
- Flexibility and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with internal clients and other key constituents
- Ability to serve and function effectively as a member of a global team
- Working with high degree of autonomy
- Ability to react and respond to changing priorities and manage a diverse workload in a dynamic, fast-paced culture.