Senior HVAC Engineer
BOSS Energy has been retained by a reputed offshore owner/operator seeking to appoint Senior HVAC Engineer for their Singapore office.
- Take a lead in all phases of Projects from concept development, tender, bids, FEEDs, construction, commissioning, execution, modification to completion.
- Design complete HVAC solutions for FPSOs complying with all applicable rules, regulation and class requirements, and serving the needs of operation - systems shall be efficiently designed (i.e. easy to balance, fabricate, install, maintain and operate).
- HVAC system design – calculate heating/cooling balances and specify required air handling units, DX coolers.
- HVAC area design – layout and design ducting system, including dampers, filters, sound traps, air handling units, fans etc. to ensure efficiently and suitably integrated in the LQ and other mechanically ventilated areas (machinery spaces, topside E-houses etc.).
- Produce, with necessary assistance from drafting support if required, flow diagrams and ducting and instrumentation diagrams (D&IDs).
- Coordinate, plan and schedule HVAC activities to ensure a logical sequence and timely preparation, review and revision of all related documents, as well as check and/or approve deliverables from the discipline, and assure schedule and quality are attained.
- Actively drive the development of relevant RFQ’s for module yards, integration yards, newbuild shipyards and equipment packages and prepare technical bid evaluations (input).
- Review vendor documentation to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Proactively support and cooperate with all engineering disciplines to achieve optimal design results, including relevant input and comments to other discipline deliveries.
- Work closely with and actively support Supply Chain, Estimation, Planning and other project teams.
- Liaise with class, regulator and client for the submission of documents and close out of comments.
- Support Technical Maintenance & Support team, Operation Managers and offshore Units as and when required, including visiting Units in operation as needed for technical support and troubleshooting.
- Degree Educated with 10+ years’ relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge of the design and function of marine / utility / safety systems.
- In depth knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification societies and international rules and regulations.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive all in package
- Contract: 6 months
- The position may require temporary assignments at project premises or on-board units
- The position may require heavy travel and long working hours during peak periods