Senior Electrical Engineer
BOSS Energy has been retained by a European based, owner/operator, to work on their FPSO projects. We are seeking a dynamic, innovate and cultured individual that has the experience engineering large project and working well in a team.
The role will be based in Singapore and you will be working for a business that had multiple international contracts with large overseas clients. Please note this is not a new company – but a company looking to expand their internal engineering capabilities.
Education: Bachelors in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Independent development and analysis of Electrical system for FPSO and other offshore system in Oil & Gas.
- Pro-active identification of design improvement.
- Ensure development of Engineering and Technical standards.
- Compliance with statutory, requirement, national and international rules and regulations.
- Decision Making.
- Development of Junior Engineers.
- Prompt response and input to any technical clarifications / data required from other engineering disciplines and other departments /vendors/client.
- Prioritizing and optimizing work as requested by member of other disciplines.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Prepare, Review and comment on design of electrical philosophies, hook –up details, electrical layout drawings for equipment’s and other electrical system
- Review comments from certifying authorities (such as ABS, DNV, SOLAS, MODU etc) on electrical design system (including safety aspect).
- Participate in PEER & PDMS review.
- Interfacing with vendor, various departments and client.
- Ensure requirement for electrical (including power generation, distribution & instrumentation) equipment.
- Review and comment plans for FAT and participate in such tests.
- Ensure project safety and quality.
- Interface with operation and construction team to ensure the acceptance of design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Well versed with IEC, IEEE, API standards.