BOSS Energy has been tasked by an onshore EPC Business to seek a Snr Commissioning Manager to work offices in Houston. We are seeking a dynamic, innovate and cultured individual that has the experience managing senior level relationships, hands on commissioning in the onshore EPC field.
They have global experience in:
- Onshore Engineering and Construction
- Petrochemical and Refinery units
The Commissioning Manager is accountable for all activities required to bring the facility from the Construction phase through commissioning, safely and as quickly as possible. Your duties will include planning and execution of commissioning activities on a daily basis, insuring conformance to safety standards, contract requirements, reporting, scheduling, vendor interface and direct supervision of commissioning personnel.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Direct pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and operation activities; provide assurances for safe and efficient task execution, and facility operation.
- Maintains records and prepares reports.
- Participate in mechanical walk-through of mechanically completed sub-systems and systems with the Owner’s process operators to verify completeness of work to allow work to progress from one completion phase to the next.
- Develop and implement the Commissioning organization to deliver the safe and efficient start-up of Project facilities.
- Ensure comprehensive integration of Engineering, Planning and Construction in order to effectively plan and schedule commissioning activities, driving Commissioning activities to meet Project milestones.
- Ensuring that the contract specifications and requirements for handover of facilities is clearly communicated to the Team;
- Developing and implementing commissioning procedures that meet or exceed company standards and specifications utilising appropriate documentation management systems and processes; and, Manage the Commissioning expenditure within project budgetary requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Technical background in process operation of LNG Facilities and Gas Process.
- Problem solver who can overcome time, supply and personnel challenges to manage the safe commissioning, start-up and operation of equipment, systems and units in a timely manner.
- Able to identify and utilize resources effectively and responsibly.
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work effectively to produce measurable result
- Ability to manage difficult and emotional situations effectively. Adapts to varying work situations and is flexible in approach to resolving challenges
- Ability to conduct technical presentations to owner’s and process operators explaining the essential elements of commissioning, start-up and process operation.
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal English.