Project Marine Engineer
BOSS Energy have been retained by an industry leading FPSO company based in South East Asia. They are currently one of the fastest-growing companies within the region with excellent financial backing, numerous projects and an excellent track record! They are looking to bolster their FPSO EPC department due to the large number of projects in the pipeline. This will be a staff position working on 1bn dollar EPC projects from cradle to grave. You would oversee all aspects of marine systems related to and FPSO conversion.
Experience / Responsibilities
- More than 15 years of experience in the engineering design, construction and integration of marine machinery for the conversion of Crude Oil Tankers, FSOs and FPSOs.
- More than 10 years of experience in the control of the marine mechanical equipment engineering scope and the management of delivery of critical marine mechanical packages required for conversion of a tanker to an FPSO. At least one project for large scale FPSO (VLCC sized)
- Experienced in managing engineering companies, marine equipment vendors and fabrication yards and in delivering, integration, testing and commissioning of the marine equipment.
- Responsible for preparing the design philosophy, design basis and functional specification in accordance with the companies and CLIENT standards for marine and topsides systems..
- Experienced in the development of design solutions for marine systems for FPSO’s including the recommendation of key equipment functional requirements, performing design calculations, preparation of marine, equipment list, development of piping and ducting diagrams, estimating pipe/ducting MTOs and working with shipyards to develop a comprehensive RLEC scope of work. Experienced in managing engineering companies and electrical contractors, fabrication yards and in delivering, integration, testing and commissioning of the marine electrical systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or Chief Engineer.