Project Construction Manager
- Responsible for all Construction activities undertaken by business unit.
- Lead and drive the development of necessary processes and procedures to ensure all Construction related activities are undertaken safely with excellent quality standards and completed efficiently within the agreed schedule and budget .
- Support the Bid Management team in providing necessary inputs for bidding activities.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Drive implementation of best engineering practices throughout all engineering phases across new projects development and asset in operation.
- Major EPCIC LNG Bids and Projects with Contract values in the order of USD1.5 - 2 Billion
- Manages and responsible for a multi-disciplined Project Team consist of personnel from the Engineering
- Management and 3rd party contractors
- Develop current working practices to successfully deliver major international LNG through EPCIC Projects & Operations
- Supporting Company ambition to be recognised as a leading provider and operator of ‘High Value and Complex LNG facilities’
- Working in a multi-cultural environment across multiple Countries and Locations
- Ensure the establishment of Corporate Project strategies, plans and targets for Completions and Commissioning to ensure that key project objectives are met in respect to HSE, quality/performance, schedule and cost.
- Develop the commissioning management system and business controls as required to ensure overall project objectives are met.
- Through established networks identify and secure highly skilled and experienced Completion and Commissioning team members, direct and subcontractor resources and vendors required to fully execute activities from completion of construction through commissioning and start-up and through the Initial Operation Phase.
- Develop Completion and Commissioning implementation plan and Roadmap and roll it out throughout all the project phases.
- Implement the required skills and capability development, training programme etc. to ensure flawless Project Delivery up and Operational readiness.
- Conversant with the principles and deployment of Technical integrity and can manage the interface with engineering and operations.
- Participate in Peer Reviews Coordinate with the Operations team and ensure that a pre-start-up review/audit is developed and undertaken in a timely manner.
- Ensure development of the required progress monitoring tools for the commissioning and start-up phase.
- Verify and validates the contractor's compliance with its scope of work in support of the commissioning & start-up activities.
- Site Safety including personnel, contractors and other onsite personnel
- Construction Quality regarding the Works
- Management of all Construction resources in their various activities;
- Heavy Lift activities
- Support Bid Management in all Bidding activities providing the necessary inputs about:
- Constructability in design
- Scheduling of Construction
- Yards suitability
- Resource planning
- Risk identification and Mitigation
- Construction cost estimating
- Prepare bidding documents, requests for proposals and assist in contractor procurement
- Review contractor submittals including equipment, Work Plans and QA/QC Plans
- Manage Contractors and onsite personnel for compliance with project designs, specifications and contract requirements throughout construction
- Monitor proper documentation of construction activities
- Monthly construction reports prepared by field staff
- Interface with MISC clients, Class, Regulatory Bodies and other stakeholders
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
During the life cycle of the project the incumbent is expected to be communicating and maintain productive relationships with the following key stakeholders, as identified below:
- Heads of Departments, Contract Manager (Client & Partner)
- Engineering Managers, Subcontractors & Procurement Manager
- Project Information Manager, Delivery Manager
- Project Leadership team
- International Oil & Gas operators (clients), key contractors & suppliers
COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Construction Management
- Contract Management
- Operations experience
- Inspiring Leadership
- Strategic Agility
- Building Relationship
- At least 15 years of relevant experience with minimum 10 years of experience in O&G construction, or maritime.
- Minimum exposure to LNG construction
- Has an exposure to international ship and fabrication yards
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Alternatively, Marine Engineers Certification Class 1
- Excellent Leadership, management and interpersonal skills applied to a multi-disciplined project team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation and problem-solving skills.
- High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation and offshore hook-up and commissioning of Offshore Oil and Gas Facilities.
- Strong understanding of risk and reputational management. o Flexibility and Willingness to be stationed offshore. Effective and Decisive problem solver