Process Lead Engineer
$140k-$150k per year
Seeking an experienced LNG Lead Process Engineer to work on LNG projects in Houston (both liquefaction and regasification) within the company and provide technical assurance/leadership on the assigned project.
- Technical leadership and oversight of the process engineering work being performed on the assigned project, including review of engineering deliverables for conceptual, feasibility, FEED phase, and detailed design
- Coordinate and schedule process engineering activities on assigned project
- Review and approve process deliverables.
- Develop, review and participate in the bidding of equipment procurement activities, engineering services and technical contracts
- Track performance and compliance of assigned work as per the project requirements
- Provide guidance and development to staff process engineers on assigned project
- Develop and review of process design standards/philosophies
- Participate and actively contribute to scheduled design reviews (HAZID, P&ID, HAZOP, PHA, PSSRs, etc.)
- Demonstrate ability to interface and collaborate across multiple disciplines
- Support the technical review and closeout of critical Management of Change (MOC) activities for assigned projects
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 10-15 years of project experience in process design
- Previous experience as a Process Lead, team leader or supervising others
- Strong technical competency in process engineering including knowledge in liquefaction and regasification
- Experience in the basic scope and design of utilities systems (safety systems, instrument air, nitrogen, water, fuel gas, drainage, etc.) is highly desirable
- Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes, cryogenic services and the methods used to keep process facilities safe.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations and their implementation in LNG operating facilities.
- Experience in LNG plant commissioning and operations is highly desirable
- Experience and desire to participate in the growth of a developing technical organization
- Proficient in process simulation software (HYSYS, Unisim, ProMax, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (with focus on Excel spreadsheets)
- Team work, leadership and administrative abilities are required
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, governmental agencies, and overseas offices
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects