BOSS Energy has been retained by a reputed multinational freight forwarding/logistics organisation seeking to appoint an Operations Manager for their UAE Office.
- Provide cost effective and efficient management of the Warehouse operations including full P&L, budget and commercial sales activities to enable targeted financial growth.
- Manage the country operation including full P&L and budget responsibility.
- Identify new revenue streams and business opportunities including preparation of business case, including capital expenditure.
- Responsible for health, safety, security and environmental policy on site ensuring compliance with local and international requirements.
- Implement best practice in all operations including the use of Warehouse Management systems/ customs systems. Develop Service Level Agreements (SLA) in line with customers’ requirements.
- Ensure that the facility and all equipment are maintained cost effectively to the required standard.
- Develop process and procedures including certification of services as required (e.g. – ISO / BSI / FDA).
- Develop performance management systems and visual management system.
- Ensure that local and regional customs procedures are documented, staff trained and systems in place to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Manage recruitment, discipline, training and mentoring of staff including building a professional logistics team who can operate independently.
- Ensure that company policy and procedures are followed.
- Monthly reporting of performance v budget and preparation of budgets.
- Responsible for verifying and issuing quotations for all logistics services, including liaison with Legal for compliance with all relevant local and international Laws and Regulations.
- Ensure the maximum profitability of each new contract in line with agreed service levels and contractual obligations.
- Manage the development of the hazardous storage capability within the Dubai operation.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant local and international laws and regulations.
- Degree Educated with minimum of 5 – 8 Years’ experience in a similar role
- Operations background in an international 3PL service provider.
- Managed a budget in excess of AED 30m and a multinational, multi discipline team of 50+ people.
- Exposure and knowledge of WMS and IT systems / tools to enable business improvements.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Other languages advantageous.
- Location: UAE
- Salary: Competitive all in package
- Contract: Permanent Position