BOSS Energy has been retained by a reputed North American LNG Operator to assist in their search for an Operations Director. In this role you will lead development of the client’s corporate Operations and Maintenance organisation.
To a large extent, this Job Description addresses pre-FID O&M responsibilities and will be revised at an appropriate time during pre-FID development work once an Operations Model has been selected, giving clarity to high level roles and responsibilities beyond FID.
- Be the Operations Functional Authority within the organisation for all projects in development.
- Develop and launch a strategy for the client’s Operations (and Maintenance) capability from consideration of alternative in-house and contracted services alternatives.
- Advise the client’s Leadership Team and Board of Directors on alternatives, and the preferred model for, Operations and Maintenance capabilities at both corporate and operating company (project) levels, and the linking governance and management requirements.
- Ensure that adequate operations and maintenance resources are available (internally or contracted) to identify and integrate O&M requirements into both pre-FEED and FEED project and commercial solutions.
- Develop Operations Business/Management Processes (interacting with technical solutions) and provide support to commercial team engagements on terms for gas purchase and LNG sales contracts.
- In collaboration with others, initiate development of an Asset Reference Plan.
- In collaboration with VP Technical and others, ensure that preliminary Operations and Maintenance Philosophies are available and developed as-required to support pre-FID project development
- Ensure FEED and later engineering stages incorporate appropriate “design for commissioning and operations” features, including early consideration of Human Factors Engineering.
- Co-develop and co-own (with Engineering) the LNG Facility Safety and Loss Management Plan, ensuring that the Facility will secure its “Facility Permit” pre-FID and, in collaboration with others, that technical and operational solutions will meet or exceed regulatory requirements for protection of people and the environment.
- Represent Operations internally, participating in inter-function coordination and other meetings; with First Nations partners and with external Stakeholders including wider communities and regulatory bodies.
- Actively promote continued improvements in Health, Safety and the Environment in the client’s organization and mentor all staff on operational safety and environmental protection matters.
- Proven experience and mastery as an Operations Manager/Director for large baseload LNG production facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- At least 20 years professional hydrocarbon industry experience of which 10 years is relevant LNG experience, including organizational development and oversight of O&M skills and competency training programs.
- Exposure to floating LNG concept development and power generation projects is desirable.