Offshore Installation Manager
BOSS Energy has been retained by a world leading FPSO company seeking to appoint an Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) to join their worldwide fleet team. You will have responsibility and accountability for the safe and efficient operation of the FPSO.
- The OIM will exhibit exemplary leadership, managerial and safety behaviours and will specifically ensure that all local and company regulatory and legal compliance is met in all aspects of work.
- Immediate Subordinates: Production, Maintenance and Cargo Superintendents, Operations Integrity Technician, Safety Officer, Radio Operator, Medic.
- Promote safety awareness and broad application of the Management system, codes of practice and prime policies.
- Exercise effective document control in accordance with Management System requirements.
- Ensure timely and effective close-out of survey and audit action items.
- Monitor Management System feedback issues ensuring effective close-out.
- Ensure change-management procedures are appropriately applied.
- Ensure timely, effective reporting and investigation of all incidents.
- Demonstrate leadership and exercise role as company representative onboard.
- Manage the operation of the FPSO through departmental superintendents.
- Liaise effectively with all relevant onshore and offshore departments.
- Delegate authority having due regard for competence and verify effective close out of tasks.
- Manage welfare and disciplinary issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Efficient operation of the facility with due regard for health, safety and welfare of all personnel.
- Manage PTW system, associated risk assessment and verification procedure.
- Organize planning and scheduling of works/activities
- Ensure compliance with class, flag and port state requirements.
- Apply environmental standards.
- Maintain good working relationship with client offshore.
- Manage operations to maximise uptime.
- Manage operations to maintain effective cost control and promote cost awareness in others.
- Communicate reports and information in timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrate awareness of key issues relating to client and sub-contractors.
- Ensure training and exercises are conducted in accordance with requirements.
- Manage emergency response with due regard for safety of personnel, FPSO and environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of potential emergency scenarios.
- Ensure exercises are recorded, effective, with appropriate de-brief and analysis.
- HND or Degree equivalents in appropriate engineering subject, OR Marine qualified to Master Mariner / Chief Engineer unlimited as per STCW Reg. A II/2 and Reg. A. III/2 respectively.
- Minimum 2 years as OIM and prior to this a production background for 3-5 years.
- Offshore Personal Survival, Management of Major Emergencies, OIM Controlling Emergencies, IMCA 891 preferable.
- Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.