Manger of Compliance & Ethics
Boss Energy Consulting Ltd is seeking a permanent Compliance Manager, for a Malaysia-based international offshore oilfield services provider, that is a global FPSO player
- The Head of Compliance oversees the corporate compliance program, functioning as an independent and objective party that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organisation.
- The Head of Compliance will be a channel of communication to receive and direct compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution.
- The position ensures Company and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that Company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behaviour in the organisation meets the Company’s Standard of Conduct.
- The Head of Compliance will report to the General Counsel and will monitor, and report results of the compliance/ ethics efforts of the Company and provide guidance the senior management team on matters relating to compliance.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g Risk Management, Internal Audit, Human Resources, etc) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the General Counsel and/or external legal counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/ implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the General Counsel and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorised enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organisation, including establishing/promoting, heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Minimum tertiary qualification in Law, Finance or related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years working experience and with strong risk management experience.
- Knowledge of the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, international sanctions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.