Head of Marine & Structure
BOSS Energy has been tasked by a FPSO Business to seek a structural department head for their facilities based in KL. We are seeking a dynamic, innovate and cultured individual that has the experience managing senior level relationships. The group has offices and a supply chain that extends the globe and the hydrocarbons business delivers world-class solutions for every phase of a potential project.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategize, lead and supervise Naval & Topside Structure, Hull Structure and Marine department in Technology Group.
- Lead development of fit-for-purpose Naval, Structure & Marine System concept/philosophy that meet Client needs.
- Ensure that team provides technical supports & guidance to Commercial team & cost estimator during early proposal engagement with Client.
- Develop strategies to facilitate continuous development of team capability and standards in order to meet company vision and mission.
- Provide directions and advices that could be adopted to improve system feasibility, cost & schedule.
- Provide guidance and direction during FEED design phase.
- Verify Naval, Structure & Marine system input for Design Basis Memorandum.
- Lead development of technical basis and design system strategy for CAPEX development for new project (pre-award).
- Ensure that supply gaps/risks are adequately accounted for in technical specifications and commercial terms.
- Verify specifications and scope of works for major packages related to Naval, Structure & Marine System.
- Guide team to ensure that the detailed designs meet clients’ requirements.
- Consistently enhance team technical/engineering capability.
- Identify and ensure that technical analysis tools meet industry standards.
- Highly competent in engineering management aspect with further benefits of floaters associated design.
- Knowledgeable in associated engineering discipline design tools, codes and standards.
- Able to address design risk and shortfall.
- Has broad experience in strategic planning and implementation of technical and administrative programs.
- Effective communication skills, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Able to work to the highest levels of customer service, confidentiality, and ethical behavior.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant working experience in engineering design of Naval, Structure and Marine systems for floating offshore facilities.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in design and engineering of offshore floating structures.
- Relevant technical engineering & analysis tools and software experience.
- Relevant recognized qualifications – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Naval Architecture, Structure, Mechanical, Marine or other related engineering) discipline.
- Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate with BEM or possess equivalent recognized professional body certification (i.e. Corporate Member of UK Learning Institutions and / or UK Chartered Engineer) will be an added advantage.