Competitive package monthly salary
BOSS Energy is assisting a multinational offshore owner/operator who are seeking to appoint a Distributed Control Systems/Telecoms Specialist (DCS TS) to join their Global Operations team working offshore on a 28/28 rotation. Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent, the Electrical Technician is responsible for the safe and correct execution of the tasks within the preventative maintenance programme that are assigned.
- Complete maintenance in an agreed timescale, using safe and appropriate methods and agreed procedures.
- Preforming and recording electrical maintenance activities.
- Carrying out all fault and diagnosis of problems affecting plant and systems.
- Preforming breakdown repairs where required.
- Carry out HV and LV Isolations.
- Identify priorities to plan maintenance and shutdown activities.
- Preparing and submit spare requirements ensuring appropriate stock is carried at all times.
- Supervision of contractor labour.
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately according to policy, procedure and regulation.
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure.
- Good levels of written and spoken communication in English.
- Qualified NVQ Level 3/ONC/HNC/ HND/ University Degree (or equivalent) in electrical/ instrumentation and/ or electronics.
- COMP ex E’x’ Course.
- Preferred courses: HV/LV Protection and HVLV Switching.
- Minimum 5 years’ oil and gas experience, minimum 2 offshore.
- Good experience with Permit To Work, Electrical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessments