Electrical Engineer, System Solutions
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing and continual support of electrical equipment for the power distribution and process control of hydrogen generation system. This role requires close interaction with the systems, mechanical, controls, manufacturing, and construction teams to ensure developing design efforts are coordinated with active implementations. The role also requires close interaction with the supply chain, quality, manufacturing and service teams to ensure designs meet cross functional requirements as well as relevant codes & standards. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple assignments and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced product engineering organization.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop electrical system requirements, electrical schematics, harness drawings, 1 line drawings, and field wiring diagrams
- Determine electrical requirements for breakers, motors, VFD’s, switchgear, sensors and instrumentation.
- Develop electrical component specifications then identify and lead interactions with vendors for respective equipment
- Create procedures for manufacturing and service as need for validation or continued operation
- Create accurate, complete, and concise engineering documentation within the company’s document control & management of change system
- Perform root cause analysis as needed, including writing test plans and documenting results that can verify issues found in prototyping or the field
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify and correct problem root cause.
- Strong teamwork a must.
- Represent the company in a professional manner in all interactions; support the philosophy of the organization to provide high-performing technology to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in requirements, priorities and schedules.
- Some travel required to support supplier qualification and equipment commissioning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Three plus years relevant experience work experience.
- Experience with electric codes (NEC, UL, NFPA, IEC) preferred.
- Experience with hazardous area equipment and codes (NEC, ATEX, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with specifying high voltage equipment preferred
- Experience with specifying and troubleshooting controls hardware preferred.
- Experience reading Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) preferred.
- Must be capable of working independently, in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a supreme commitment to quality.