BOSS Energy are partnered with an innovative electrolyzer technology business that can generate hydrogen for various applications with zero emissions. They have a diverse team of engineers dedicated to the development of existing and future products for customers on a global scale.
They are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to contribute in the definition of the power architecture and specifications for multi-MW scale electrolysis plants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Defining the architecture, requirements, and specification for multi-MW scale power electronics equipment, specifically: DC power supply (rectifier), medium voltage transformers, switchgear, harmonic filtration, electrical substations, metering equipment, etc.
- Interacts with the product platform managers to define functional and specific requirements of the power system of the Electrolyzer.
- Design the low voltage power distribution architecture for utility consumptions.
- Support the platform manager in performing product standardization cost-benefit analysis being able to balance technical and commercial aspects of the product design.
- Interact with supplier to evaluating their technical qualifications, including factory inspections.
- Producing electrical design documents (e.g., SLD, schematics, derating curves, efficiency studies, etc.)
- Defining validation and verification test plans for electrical subsystems, including test equipment requirements.
- Supporting equipment testing and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Has strong technical competency in all areas power distribution (concept architecture design, sizing of components, protection, harmonics, grounding, thermal management, lighting protection & EMC).
- Knowledge of IEC low and medium voltage power distribution standards (IEC 61439, IEC 60204, IEC 60076, IEC 62271).
- Familiar with electrical CAD (e.g. AutoCAD Electrical, EPLAN) and electrical calculation software (e.g. Caneco BT).
- Experience with power system simulation software is an advantage.
Akshay Kumar – [email protected]