The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design and testing of electrical architecture and circuitry used in our fuel cell systems. The successful candidate will be able to analyze/design new circuits or modify existing designs to achieve improved performance, cost, and reliability. This individual needs to have a fundamental understanding of embedded designs in an industrial environment. This role also requires extensive collaboration with component, system, and design engineering, supply chain, quality, manufacturing, and service teams to ensure that designs meet cross functional requirements. The ideal candidate should be creative, self-motivated, able to handle multiple projects, and able to thrive in a fast-paced engineering organization.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, test and document electrical components, circuit boards, connectors, and layouts for new and existing products.
- Write tests plans for printed circuit boards, electrical hardware, electrical system, and perform or oversee lab testing. Author verification test reports.
- Lead resolution of component/subsystem issues including root cause analysis, containment, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Effectively incorporate field data as well as manufacturing constraints within design efforts; focus on improving the end-user experience while increasing manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability.
- Provide technical guidance to team members.
- Work with manufacturing and field engineering to understand multiple customer needs.
- Manage projects associated with component development, cost reductions and reliability improvements.
- Maintain change control and service documentation for components and subsystems.
- Communicate consistently and effectively to all cross-functional team members as needed to ensure that design intent is understood, and questions are answered to move projects forward.
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner in all interactions; support the philosophy of the organization to provide high-performing technology to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel as needed to carry out duties of the position – up to 10%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Required; advanced degree preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience preferably within a New Product Development environment
- Embedded system design and analysis experience required.
- Experience with Creo and Windchill desired.
- Demonstrated aptitude in designing and building electronic subsystems.
- Experience in C with an understanding of writing code and drivers for embedded systems preferred.
- Experience in digital and analog circuit design and analysis. Experience with microprocessor design.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork oriented and focused. Must be driven and self-motivated with excellent follow through.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.