Divisional Manager Legal
The provision of strategic legal and commercial advice, drafting reviewing and negotiating vessel repair and construction contracts and other commercial agreements to ensure acceptable risk parameters are maintained, appointing and managing external counsel, advising on disputes and risk management issues, streamlining the legal function through the creation of templates and pro-forma agreements, ensuring that the business of the company is conducted in accordance with its charter and relevant legislation, managing the day to day legal matters of the business.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural and legislative requirements are fulfilled.
Assist in the development and management of the departmental budget.
Day- to-day operations:
- Advising senior management on legal and contractual matters.
- Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating ship repair contracts and commercial agreements.
- Managing dispute resolution, both arbitration and litigation in relevant jurisdictions.
- Supervising and efficiently allocating work streams to the legal team.
- Appointing and efficiently managing external legal counsel to ensure timely and cost effective provision of services.
- Supervise the activities and work of subordinates by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with agreed individual targets.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
Graduate degree in law in a common law jurisdiction.
Post graduate degree in law in common law jurisdiction.
Eligible to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
Qualified in a common law jurisdiction.
Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience with at least 3 years in private practice.
EPC, construction and disputes experience, particularly in the maritime industry.
- Location: UAE
- Permanent position
- Salary – Competitive Base salary + accommodation + car + bonus + schooling
- Start Date: immediate