Director of Product Management
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the fuel cell, and Hydrogen Infrastructure or related application industry;. In this role you will build out a team with functional and vertical industry expertise and establish a more formal set of product management, project management and commercial processes. You will also play a very prominent role in the interaction with the customers, bridging what the customer needs/wants with capabilities and solutions.
As a key member of business unit leadership team, the Director of Product Management provides leadership to the product management team with a focus on meeting key performance objectives on projects as well as the long-term development of the team and improvement in our practices. This is a unique opportunity to shape and transform the market for green energy through hydrogen solutions.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with peers in the corporate strategy process and ensure alignment with all product strategy plans.
- Engage with customers and prospects to share our vision and learn their business needs.
- Define and implement a product vision for each business unit product line, and for each market that the product is sold into; establish current and long-range product objectives, ROI analysis, plans, and policies; own product roadmaps.
- Establish a comprehensive product lifecycle process from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Work with sales and marketing team members to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product.
- Identify market potential, establish pricing and market strategies together with Finance & Sales, estimate potential sales, introduce market, and accountable for distribution/channel issues.
- Act as a pre-contract liaison with customer and participate in negotiating with key customers regarding contract terms and conditions.
- Drive effective communications throughout the organization; work collaboratively with the marketing, sales, development, support, and implementation teams.
- Work with the Sales and Engineering teams as a strategic technical partner to identify and provide reliable solutions that maximize the customer experience.
- Develop the Product Management team to further accelerate sales through positioning of product offerings in a manner that maximizes customer value.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; a Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Product Management/Application Engineering in an innovative, technical environment.
- Demonstrate aptitude for systems thinking and creative problem solving.
- Technically astute with experience defining product specifications with customer needs, modifying standards for engineering work, and creating selling tools and presentations.
- Experience as a senior leader with a global technical and manufacturing company is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong desire to join a growth-oriented technology company and to operate in a fast-paced environment.