Director of Engineering (Reliability)
Responsible for providing technical and organizational leadership to a multi-disciplined team of engineers and technicians responsible for improving the reliability of hydrogen products.
This role takes primary responsibility to continuously increase productivity and drive the resulting learning into new product designs. The new hire must exhibit dynamic leadership abilities to coach and develop team members so they can fulfil their professional aspirations.
The position reports to the Vice President of Engineering. Some travel may be necessary for the position.
- Provide leadership to a team of engineers and technicians
- Establish performance goals for team members using reliability data while sharing regular feedback
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding company technology including current design specifications, field performance requirements and data, opportunities for system optimization, manufacturability constraints and more
- Provide technical leadership to the organization in several engineering fields including mechanical, electrical, chemical, controls and systems engineering
- Manage initiatives associated with product improvement, component development and reliability improvements
- Manage subsystem and component specification creation and maintenance
- Represent the Reliability Engineering department in weekly meetings and as a part of project teams as needed
Education and Experience
- BS degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 10+ years of related work experience in the engineering field; preferably within a technology product development environment
- Prior experience managing engineers required
- Experience with continuous product improvement, reliability or similar discipline desired
- Desire to coach, lead and develop team members
- Ability to align strategic business objectives to specific work project assignments of team members