Deputy Construction Director
The client’s goal is to meet Asia-Pacific's energy challenge in a sustainable manner from one generation to the next. To support the government’s policy of increasing the use of gas-fired power generation longer term, the client is actively pursuing new sources of gas supply. One potential source is the direct import of LNG through the proposed development of an Offshore LNG Terminal that plans to utilize a Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (“FSRU”) which will be berthed at an offshore jetty with subsea pipelines being used to transport gas to end users/power plants.
We are looking for a high calibre professional with major infrastructure engineering and project development / implementation experiences, preferably in the energy and/or marine structure industry to join the Project Development Team in the Commercial Group. Reporting to the Director – Project Development, the appointee will be responsible for managing the overall project planning and control, contracting strategy and implementation, and leading the construction and commissioning of the jetty topsides and the subsea pipeline facilities, along with general technical support to the development of the overall Project.
- Ensure that the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality framework is incorporated in all aspects of the Project’s development and implementation;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on all project management and construction/commissioning aspects of the Project, develop and implement the commissioning plan for the Project’s facilities and the FSRU vessel;
- Manage the development and implementation of the EPC contracting strategy for the engineering, procurement and construction of the Project’s facilities;
- Establish and monitor Project’s milestones and checkpoints and plan/control expenditures to comply with project management governance system requirements;
- Support and lead as needed the engagement with the key Government and Non-Government stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulations and permit/license requirements of the Project and provide technical support to obtain the required approvals and permits in a timely manner; and
- Develop and mentor Development Team staff to build internal project and construction management expertise. Provides technical support to the overall
- Development and implementation of the LNG Terminal Project’s associated commercial activities.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Recognized university degree in chemical, mechanical, civil/structural engineering discipline, and hold a professional qualification or membership in internationally accepted institution;
- Possess 10-15 years engineering/project management experience with major energy infrastructure project development. Specific experience in the oil/gas industry and marine structure projects is an advantage;
- Experiences and expertise with FEED / EPC contracting for major infrastructure project implementation, in particular with offshore jetty structures and subsea pipelines;
- Good knowledge on the use of project management, scheduling, and cost control tools and techniques;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with proven leadership and management abilities;
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external organizations e.g. consultants and contractors, and strong cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Excellent written and spoken English. The ability to speak Cantonese / Mandarin would be an advantage;