BOSS Energy has been retained by a reputed offshore owner/operator seeking to appoint a Contracts Manager for their Singapore office. Our client owns 15+ offshore assets globally worth USD 3.5 billion and 2017 turnover was USD 600 million. You will be working in the contracts/procurement department overseeing subcontracts with yards/suppliers.
- Manage and oversee the execution of contracting activities (Pre- and Post-award) conducted by the function, including but not limited to sourcing, tendering, evaluation, award, contract management, claims and close out.
- Develop and implement contracting plans
- Implementing client contract requirements and ensure client flow down provisions are incorporated into tenders, contracts and contracting Plan
- Perform compliant contracting activities, for Prospects, FEEDs and Projects in accordance with the contracting practices and standards published in the Company Management System and the established contracting Plans
- Perform contracting duties including key responsibility for negotiations, trouble shooting and act as escalation point for issues between the functional staff and various stake holders and contractors / subcontractors
- Ensure that all required contractors and subcontractors are prequalified according to the relevant procedures
- Provide regular status and progress reporting to clients, projects and management
- Build in-depth knowledge about the market including vendors, cost drivers and risk as well as company requirements for Topside engineering, Ship yards and Fabrication yards and actively provide input to the relevant Category Managers as required
- In cooperation with the Sourcing Analyst drive and build up business intelligence for the relevant markets, cost drivers, contractors and sub-contractors
- Degree Educated
- 10 – 15 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in international offshore oil and gas industry is an advantage
- ERP Competency (Preferably IFS and ProArc)