The Controls Engineer is a vital member of the product team. This position is here for developing and maintaining the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system for H2 generation equipment/facilities at various customer locations. Hydrogen generation system performance is reliant upon establishing and supporting software programming. By partnering with the engineering, manufacturing, and field service teams the Controls Engineer will develop a thorough understanding of the performance requirements of the systems and continually refine controls to enhance system reliability.
- Develop and deploy software solutions for hydrogen generation systems focused around process control and optimal system performance.
- Create and manage programs for Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Create and manage methods for data acquisition and interpretation of system information.
- Provide leadership when deploying software solutions for H2 infrastructure to ensure appropriate communication and achievement of deliverables.
- Perform system tests to ensure that software and automation solutions are effective and reliable both pre and post deployment.
- Create and provide training to users on system interfacing and troubleshooting.
- Manage the engineering change process around software releases.
- Develop, read, and interpret Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Electrical Schematics as needed.
- BS degree in Engineering, Information Systems or other relevant field of study.
- Three or more years of relevant work history; experience developing HMI & PLC solutions for field applications preferred.
- Prior experience with gas processing and/or refueling systems preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed to carry out duties of the position – up to 25%
- PLC Programming – Ladder Logic, Functional Block Diagram, Sequential Flow Charts.
- HMI Programming.
- Schneider automation suite (Citect, Vijeo, Unity, Modicon, etc).
- Allen Bradley (RS Logix, Factory Talk, etc).
- Modbus Protocol.
- Data management.