BOSS Energy are currently working alongside an industry-leading EPC company who are seeking Construction Representative to oversee their projects in Houston. The client specializes in downstream EPC projects and are looking for a Construction Rep to oversee their projects.
- He or she reports functionally to the Americas Areas Mgr. and hierarchically to the Construction Department Manager in Home Office.
- He or she is Company’s Construction Department Representative in Houston offices. He or she will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects at once and serving as TCM USA representative in dealings with general contractors, subcontractors, and government or third-party inspectors. He or she will be expected to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local procedures, regulations, and codes.
- CRH must ensure the application of Company Construction Procedures and Methodologies adapting them to the North American market, having a deep knowledge of the local construction environment in the USGC. CRH will be involved in all construction matters, from proposal to project execution, liaising with the relevant departments in the Company’s organization. CRH shall conduct investigation and surveys on local Construction Contractors for potential involvement in the Company’s projects
- Cooperate in selecting local General Contractors and Subcontractors
- Support the job site investigation and verify the adequacy of logistics aspects;
- Cooperate with relevant Home Office Departments for the identification and selection of job site resources;
- Review the project’s documentation of quality assurance and safety inspections throughout the construction process;
- Present progress updates to appropriate management levels on a regular basis;
- Proactively identify and track recurring construction issues, reporting to the management and suggesting mitigation and correction actions, according to the knowledge of the local construction environment;
- Attend coordination and progress meetings; make regular trips to job sites during construction including bid walks, preconstruction walks, in-progress job site visits, punch walks, and construction closeout;
- Support Construction Proposal department and Commercial department in estimating activities providing specific know-how for construction activities and job site schedule optimization;
- Support the Proposal Mgr.s and Project Mgr.s in dealing with construction-related aspects, reviewing that construction cost estimations, specifications, and schedule are in line with the local requirements, assisting Home Office Construction to prepare technical tabulations and proposing the order of preference for bids deemed technically acceptable;
- Support Home Office relevant departments with the constructability studies, including the modularization approach;
- Support Subcontracting department for Subcontractors qualification, Bid analysis and subcontract final definition;
- Support Site Management for local requirements during the project, especially during the construction period;
- Support Site Management for work delays, emergencies, and other project disruptions
- Highly skilled at leading the logistics team attending the procured goods.
- Knowledgeable in EPCC of oil and gas industry.
- Good awareness on commercial, skilled and knowledgeable in Incoterms and shipping terms.
- Good knowledge on audit exercise in order to perform the vendor performance appraisal.
- Specific skills required: Excellent Planning skills, analytical, detailed, organized and able to multitask.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the EPCC of Oil and Gas industry.
- Minimum 5 years in an equal role having managed and coordinated relatively large-scale activities and procurement team.
- Relevant recognized qualifications – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in the management of new construction projects
- Deep knowledge of construction methods and technologies in the USGC
- Knowledge of local construction code requirements
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of job site safety practices required