Senior FP&A Associate
BOSS Energy are working with a leading North American renewable energy developer/operator to help find a Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Associate to be based in their office within the DC Metro area. With over 600m USD Investment Capital and a proven track record of project delivery (over projects 200 to date) they are now seeking to add to their finance team to keep up with the workload.
You will work in a cross-functional environment to develop, maintain, and improve the company’s budgeting, cash planning, and business intelligence tools. More importantly, this is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior level corporate finance and strategy in one of the country’s top C&I solar developers.
- Executes and drives continuous improvement in budgeting, strategic planning, and reporting processes in collaboration with business and functional leaders.
- Partners with the Finance and IT teams to build and enhance reporting and analytical tools; manages implementation and utilizes tools to ensure stakeholders are equipped with the necessary information to make informed business and financial decisions.
- Researches and provides insights into variances between actual and expected financial results. Develops financial insights that are clear, compelling, and actionable.
- Participates in the identification and measurement of key performance indicators to drive improved business performance.
- Develops and produces presentations for the Executive team as well as other internal and external stakeholders covering realized and project financial and operational performance.
- Develops and maintains monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance reports for external partners.
- Collaborates across departments to ensure that project and financial modeling assumptions are supported by thorough analysis.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting, business, economics, or related field of study.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in financial planning & analysis or other finance or accounting- related roles.
- Strong data analytics, financial analysis, and accounting skills.
- Prior experience budgeting, forecasting, and building financial models.
- Passionate about solar energy and motivated to learn all aspects of the business, including structured finance, acquisitions, engineering, construction, and asset management.
- Excellent working knowledge of financial statements and advanced skills modeling them in excel – familiar with indexes, conditional lists, arrays, pivots, charts, and lookups. Prior experience working with macros is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of financial planning or ERP systems (e.g., Oracle Fusion Cloud, SAP, Hyperion, Adaptive, Anaplan, etc.), and an aptitude for synthesizing their data flows into actionable reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data and presenting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders; prior experience with PowerBI is a plus.