The Certification Engineer’s primary responsibly is to ensure that clients products meet all required codes & standards. This position will manage several critical compliance efforts including determining relevant codes & standards that apply to each product implementation, acting as the SME in evaluating product lines for compliance, and partnering with third party listing agencies to coordinate the completion of analysis/testing to meet requirements. This position will also be responsible for supporting the long term maintenance of any internal qualifications or technical files; which may include routine documentation and manufacturing audits. The Certification Engineer serves a critical overall function to the business by positioning company product offerings as market-ready, thereby allowing for the rapid adoption of the company’s technology by customers across the globe.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a detailed technical understanding of the company’s products and services.
- Partner cross-functionally and with end users as necessary to understand goals and constraints for the company’s technology deployments.
- Maintain strong relationships with certification and approval agencies as applicable to various technology deployment initiatives.
- Act as subject matter expert related to required codes and standards for clients technology; understand requirements in various geographic locations and industries.
- Ensure the company’s technology is market-ready; complete testing and analysis pertinent to all required codes and standards through cross-functional collaboration.
- Partner with engineering and other relevant team members to resolve issues related to testing and analysis; help to troubleshoot testing failures and work towards full product compliance.
- Create required documentation packages such as analysis, test reports and product operation information needed for product certification.
- Manage issues associated with permitting as they affect the electrolyzer product line.
- Prudently manage project work with a focus on timelines and budgetary parameters.
- Act as a representative for the company on applicable standards committees; transfer knowledge to help ensure design work is focused upon compliance with standards both now and in the future.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or other relevant engineering discipline.•
- Five (5) or more years of relevant work history.
- Experience working with external authorities related to product certification or permitting is highly preferred.
- Experience in the fuel cell industry and/or industrial gas industry is highly preferred.
- E.I.T. certificate or P.E. license highly preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed to carry out duties of the position – up to 25%
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a commitment to work quality.