Business Planning Engineer
Permanent 401K and Medical/Dental
BOSS Energy has been enlisted by a reputed Houston based LNG Operator to assist in their search for a Business Planning Engineer. In this role you will assist the Business Planning Manager in reporting/ forecasting of LNG production and the development of budgets/planning activity for the site leadership team.
- The Staff Engineer, Project reports to the Manager, Business Planning.
- This position is responsible for coordinating and providing support to Operations as it relates to strategic planning, business planning, risk management, performance management, project controls, and budgeting.
- The individual should have a broad understanding of general plant operations, technologies, storage, transportation, and large gas turbine driven compressors.
- This includes an understanding of operational readiness, budget analysis, and technical report writing. Experience with activities related to LNG processing is desirable.
- Develop 5-year business plans with each department as it relates to the company’s business plans for the forecasted LNG production, cargoes, gas requirements, power, maintenance, projects, and staffing, in support of the budget cycle.
- Coordinate the development of 5-year strategic plans with each department for continuous improvement of operations.
- Coordinate planning activities with the Site Leadership Team (SLT) to ensure that itemized individual or integrated plans are developed for attaining the goals of the business plans as applicable.
- Coordinates reviews of business and strategic plans for progress, deviations, challenges and risks, and work with SLT to develop appropriate recovery actions or mitigations as required.
- Assist in the development of the budget for Site Management and Business Planning.
- Work with operations accounting on the annual budget development cycle and to help coordinate budget development for each department at the site along with ensuring that the expenditure correlates to production, maintenance and project information for the 5-year business plan.
- Coordinates with operations accounting for monthly budget status reviews, identifying operational spend variances in each department and possible levers for attainment of budget.
- Assist in facilitating the development of annual departmental performance goals (DPG) for each department in alignment with strategic business and operational plans.
- Conduct monthly reviews with departments on DPGs identifying status, challenges, risks to delivery and recovery plans.
- Coordinates the development, review, and updating of plans for operational readiness of new assets and conducts monthly reviews with departments identifying status, challenges, risks to delivery and work with SLT to develop recovery/mitigation plans as applicable.
- Coordinates delivery of site reports inclusive of monthly site consolidated report, weekly report, daily and monthly production reports, and all associated performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required; Mechanical/Process/Civil/Project preferred; A Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is preferable
- 10 years related experience in refining or petrochemical industry LNG experience is a plus.